If you need a comforting bowl of wai wai noodle soup, this recipe is for you. This easy-to-make noodles soup is made with wai wai noodles, vegetables, and spices. It’s a delicious and perfect way to warm up on a cold day.
Wai Wai noodles have a special place in my heart. I remember enjoying them as a kid after coming home from school.
And even during my university days, those late-night spicy Wai Wai sadeko brought back memories of laughter and delicious bites. It brings a smile to my face to think about it!
My favorite thing about wai wai is that it can be eaten in various forms, such as fried, in soup, or raw.
In this blog post, I am sharing a quick and simple wai wai noodle with an egg you can make at home and enjoy for a meal!
Here is a step-by-step simple recipe for wai wai soup noodles.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients For Wai Wai Soup Recipe
- Wai Wai noodles: It is available in two flavors, chicken and vegetarian. Either will be fine.
- Frozen vegetables
Note: Feel free to add any vegetable of your choice. (Cabbage, green pepper or leafy greens)
#Seasoning: Salt to taste
#Spices: turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and Kashmiri powder
Photo Instructions On How To Make Wai Wai Noodle Soup
#1. Heat the oil in the skillet. Once hot, add garlic and cook for a minute. Add chopped onion and cook until soft.
#2. After that, add the vegetables to the pan and cook until tender.
#3. Add the spices (turmeric, coriander, cumin, and Kashmiri powder) and Wai Wai packet seasonings to the pan. Combine everything well.
#4. Add an egg and mix it, then let it cook for a few minutes.
#5. Then, add wai wai noodles to the pan. Add 2 cups of water. Stir well.
Note: Simply add more water to the pot if you prefer a thinner consistency for your noodle soup.
#6. Cook the noodles for about 10 minutes with the lid on stirring occasionally. Check to see if the noodles are cooked, and if not, cook for a few more minutes.
#7. Taste and adjust seasoning (salt) if needed. Garnish with cilantro and serve it hot.
Here are some quick serving suggestions for your Wai Wai noodle soup:
- If you want to add some citrusy kick to your meal, squeeze in lime or lemon juice.
- A little chili oil or chili flakes is always a good addition if you are a spicy eater.
- Make it your own by adding chicken, shrimp, or tofu as protein options.
- Add your favorite veggies of your choice, such as carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, and bean sprouts.
- If you want to make this recipe into a vegetarian choice, simply remove the egg from the ingredients list.
Other Wai Wai Recipes
Here are some other Wai Wai recipes you might enjoy trying.
Let me know how the wai wai noodle soup recipe turned out for you in the comments, and if you like it, don’t forget to rate it 🙂 Happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the ingredients in Wai Wai seasoning?
Some common ingredients in Wai Wai seasoning packets include salt, black pepper, white pepper, chives, sugar, and flavor enhancers (like monosodium glutamate).
2. Is Wai Wai a healthy choice?
Wai Wai noodles are made from wheat flour and fried, making them high in calories and fat. The seasoning used in Wai Wai soup is also high in sodium and contains MSG. Wai Wai isn’t a healthy choice but can be enjoyed occasionally as a treat.
Wai Wai Noodle Soup (Simple & Satisfying Meal)
- 1 packet wai wai noodles
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Kashmiri powder
- ½ cup frozen vegetables
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 cloves chopped garlic
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cup water
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil in the skillet. Once hot, add garlic and cook for a minute. Add chopped onion and cook until soft.
- After that, add the vegetables to the pan and cook until tender.
- Add the spices (turmeric, coriander, cumin, and Kashmiri powder) and Wai Wai packet seasonings to the pan. Combine everything well.
- Add an egg and combine everything well, then let it cook for a few minutes.
- Then, add wai wai noodles to the pan. Add 2 cups of water. Stir well.
- Cook the noodles for about 10 minutes with the lid on stirring occasionally. Check to see if the noodles are cooked; if not, cook for a few more minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (salt) if needed. Garnish with cilantro and serve it hot.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!