Stir fry shin ramyun is the perfect quick and easy meal option that never disappoints. Adding a few veggies and your favorite protein can create a delicious meal in just 20 minutes.
I still remember the first time I ate these noodles in Hong Kong. It was love at first sight, and the best part is that you can eat them in soup or a fried version, both of which are equally flavorful.
Since then, they have become my go-to easy and convenient meal option, alongside my wai wai noodles, making them a staple in my household.
Whether you’re in a rush or just looking for a satisfying meal, stir fry shin ramyun is the perfect choice. And if you already love this noodle dish as soup, you’ll love it even more as a stir fry!
Here are the step-by-step photo instructions to make the stir-fried shin ramyun recipe.
Ingredients You Need For Stir Fry Shin Ramyun
#Noodles: Shin ramyun noodles.
#Vegetable oil: Choose olive or any vegetable cooking oil – they all work perfectly.
#Onion, carrot, and bell pepper: Feel free to add your preferred veggies.
#Garlic: Finely chopped garlic.
#Cilantro or green onions(for garnishing).
#Soy sauce: Light soy sauce.
#Egg: Add an egg or any other protein of your choice (chicken, tofu)
#Water: 3 cups of water to boil noodles.
#1. Boil Shin Ramyun noodles and dry vegetable seasoning packets in a pot of water. Drain the noodles and set them aside. Add oil to prevent sticking.
#2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Then add chopped garlic and sauté it for a minute or so until it turns a light brown color.
#3. Then add onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Stir-fry for three minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
#4. Add egg and stir fry everything for two minutes.
#5. Add the cooked noodles and toss seasoning and soy sauce to the pan. Continue stir-frying for two to three minutes until the noodles are heated and combined with the vegetables and egg.
#6. Finally, garnish with your favorite herbs: cilantro or green onion. Serve hot, and enjoy your stir fry shin ramyun!
Serving & Variations
Here are some serving and variations ideas for the stir-fry ramyun recipe:
- Drizzle a teaspoon of sesame oil over the finished dish to add a nutty aroma and enhance the overall taste.
#Chili flakes or Sriracha:
- If you like it spicy, add some hot sauce like siracha or red chili flakes.
- Add some toasted sesame seeds or crushed peanuts to give this dish a crunch.
- You can also use different vegetables, such as mushrooms, zucchini, leafy greens, or broccoli, to customize the stir-fry.
Other Noodles Recipes
Here are the other noodle recipes you might enjoy trying
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is shin ramyun stir fry spicy?
Shin Ramyun stir fry can be spicy, depending on how much of the seasoning packet you use and your heat tolerance. The Shin Ramyun seasoning packet contains a spicy and flavorful blend of spices, including chili powder, garlic, and onion. If you prefer a less spicy, you can use a smaller amount of the seasoning packet or add some vegetables or protein to balance the heat.
2. How to make shin ramyun less spicy?
To make Shin Ramyun less spicy, you can use less of the seasoning packet, add more water to dilute the spiciness, add milk or cream to neutralize the heat and give it a creamier texture, or add vegetables or protein to balance out the spiciness and add flavor and texture. The spiciness of Shin Ramyun is a matter of personal preference, so feel free to adjust the recipe to suit your taste.
3. Is shin ramyun vegetarian?
Shin Ramyun is not vegetarian, as its standard recipe includes ingredients of animal origin, such as beef-based flavoring. However, some variations and brands offer vegetarian or vegan options, so it’s essential to carefully check the packaging and ingredient list to ensure it aligns with your dietary preferences.
Stir Fry Shin Ramyun ( Quick Ramen Recipe)
- 1 packet shin ramyun noodle
- ½ cup finely sliced onion
- ½ cup finely sliced bell pepper
- ½ cup finely sliced carrot
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil for stir fry
- ½ tbsp olive oil ( add in noodles to prevent sticking)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- Boil shin ramyun noodles in 3 cups of water with the dry vegetable seasoning packet. Drain and set aside. Add oil to prevent sticking.1 packet shin ramyun noodle, 3 cups water, ½ tbsp olive oil ( add in noodles to prevent sticking)
- Heat oil in pan.1 tbsp olive oil for stir fry
- Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned.2 cloves chopped garlic
- Add onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.½ cup finely sliced onion, ½ cup finely sliced carrot, ½ cup finely sliced bell pepper
- Add egg and stir-fry with the vegetables.1 egg
- Add noodles, seasoning, and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Finally, garnish with cilantro or green onion.¼ cup chopped cilantro
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!