If you’re looking for a tasty and easy scrambled egg and potato curry that takes under 30 minutes to make, try this recipe.
It’s a delicious combination of eggs, potatoes, and spices that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Perfect dish for lunch or dinner.
I must say, egg and potato is one of my favorite duos in the kitchen. I find myself cooking with these ingredients together all the time.
There’s just something about the texture and flavors of egg and potato together that I find so satisfying. They complement each other so well.
Whether it’s a quick weeknight omelet or an easy curry, I always enjoy putting my spin on these duos.
What is Scrambled Egg and Potato Curry?
Scrambled egg and potato curry is a curry made with scrambled eggs, potatoes, and a blend of spices that give it a unique taste.
What’s great about this dish is that it’s versatile and can be enjoyed anytime of the day- whether it’s for lunch, or dinner.
Whenever I feel like switching it up from meat dishes, I turn to this recipe.
This curry dish goes perfectly with rice, and I also love making another egg curry dish at home – boiled egg potato curry. It’s another variation of this recipe that’s equally delicious.
Either way, you’ll have a great side dish to enjoy with your rice.
Ingredients for Scrambled Egg and Potato Curry
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this curry:
Potatoes: You will need potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes. It makes easier to cook. I am using small red potatoes for this recipe.
Spices: Turmeric powder, red chili powder (kashmiri powder), coriander powder, and cumin powder.
Eggs: Other main ingredient is eggs.
Oil: Olive oil or any vegetable oil.
Onions, tomatoes and cilantro: Finely chopped white onion and roma tomatoes.
Ginger, garlic paste and salt.
#1. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk until the yolks and whites are fully combined.
#2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add finely chopped onion and sauté until it becomes soft and translucent.
#3. Next, add the chopped potato to the pan and continue to saute until it turns slightly brown.
#4. Add ginger, garlic, spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder) to the pan and stir well. Saute for another few minutes.
#5. Next, add chopped tomatoes to the pan. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Put the lid on the pan and cook over medium heat for 5–6 minutes, until the tomatoes are mushy and cooked.
#6. Add the eggs to the pan. Stir thoroughly to combine the eggs with the potato mixture. Next add water and let it simmer for next 8-10 minutes.
#7. Finally, season the curry with salt and cilantro. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Scrambled Egg and Potato Curry can be paired with various side dishes. Here are few suggestions:
Rice: Serve the curry with rice for a filling and satisfying meal. Basmati rice is a great option that complements the flavors of the curry.
Naan Bread: Warm up some naan bread and serve it on the side for a delicious meal.
Salad: Pair the curry with a simple salad of mixed greens, cucumber, carrot, and avocado.
Other Curry Recipes
Here are the other egg, potato curry recipes you might enjoy trying:
Scrambled Egg and Potato Curry Recipe
- 1 cup small cubed chopped potato
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili kashmiri powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, whisk it and set it aside.2 eggs
- Next, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.1 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- Once hot, add finely chopped onion and sauté until it becomes soft and translucent.⅓ cup chopped onion
- Add the chopped potato to the pan and continue to sauté until it turns slightly brown.1 cup small cubed chopped potato
- Add ginger, garlic, spices to the pan and stir well. Sauté for another few minutes.½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chili kashmiri powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 tsp minced garlic, ½ tsp cumin powder
- Next, add chopped tomatoes to the pan. Stir to combine all the ingredients.½ cup chopped tomato
- Put the lid on the pan and cook it over medium heat for 5–6 minutes, until the tomatoes are mushy and cooked.
- Add the eggs to the pan.
- Stir thoroughly to combine the eggs with the potato mixture.
- Next add water and let it simmer for next 8–10 minutes.
- Finally, season the curry with salt and cilantro. Serve hot with rice or roti.salt to taste, 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!