Sausage chili is one of the most popular foods in Nepal. It is one of my favorite foods to eat when I am out. It is simple to make and delicious. The dish can be served as an appetizer or as a main course with rice. So, if you are looking for easy and tasty sausage recipes, this is the recipe you must try. Here is the sausage chili recipe (Nepali style) step-by-step photo.
Ingredients For Nepali Sausage Chili
#Meat Sausage (Hot dog)
This recipe can be made with the meat of your choice. I prefer using chicken franks in this recipe, but pork or beef sausage would work just as well.
- Green pepper if you prefer it, but red would also be good.
- White onion is a good choice, but feel free to use what you have available(red/white).
- Olive oil or any vegetable oil of your choice.
- Soy sauce: Sodium-reduced soy sauce, dark or light.
- Tomato ketchup
- Siracha spicy sauce(optional)
- Black pepper
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
#1 Chop sausage into medium size. Chop green pepper and onion into medium pieces. Chop garlic into small pieces.
#2 Heat one tablespoon of oil in pan. (Any oil of your choice) on a medium high-heat.
Tips:You can deep fry the sausage if you want it crisper.
#3 Once hot, add sausage and saute it for 3-4 mins until it gets golden brown.
#4 Remove the fried sausage from the pan and keep it aside.
#5 Add one tablespoon of olive oil (Medium heat).
#6 Add garlic, green chill. Saute it for a min.
#7 Now add onion and saute for 2min.
#8 After that, add green pepper and saute it for 2 mins on medium heat.
#9 Add two tablespoons of soy sauce, two tablespoons of ketchup, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Mix it well and cook it on medium heat. Add one tablespoon of siracha sauce (optional). Add salt to taste.
#10 Mix everything well.
#11 Now add the fried sausage to the pan.
#12 Mix and cook it for 3 mins.
#13 Finally, add cilantro. Sausage chilly is ready. You can serve it as an appetizer or eat it with rice, beaten rice, or roti.
I hope you will enjoy this sausage chilli recipe and let me know in the comment below.
Check Out Other Nepalese Recipes
Sausage Chili Recipe (Nepali Style) | Chicken Franks
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (Any vegetable oil)
- 1 packet Chicken Franks(Any meat of your choice) Hot dog
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Siracha sauce (Optional)
- Onion- Medium size (Red/White)
- 1 Green pepper
- 4 Chilies ( (Based on your level of spice)
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Chop sausage, green pepper, and onion in medium sizes.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Heat the one tablespoon on medium heat. Once hot, add chopped sausage.
- Fry the sausage, stirring it continuously for 3-4 mins until it gets golden brown.
- Remove the fried sausage from the pan and set it aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.
- Add minced garlic cloves and fry it until it gets golden brown.
- Add onion. Cook it for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add chopped pepper, and saute all the ingredients for 1 min.
- Add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stir it and cook for 3 mins.
- Add fried sausage to the pan.
- Saute and cook it for 2-3 mins on medium to high heat.
- Finally, add cilantro.(Optional)
- Sausage chilly is ready. Serve with rice, roti, or as an appetizer.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!