This easy pork belly fried rice recipe is the perfect way to get crispy, juicy pork while also enjoying a comforting bowl of rice and veggies. Give this recipe a try, and enjoy a delicious and satisfying fried rice.
- What Is Pork Belly Fried Rice?
- Ingredients You Need
- Photo Instructions
- Serving & Storage
- Tips & Variations
- Other Recipes
What Is Pork Belly Fried Rice?
Pork belly fried rice is a delicious and comforting meal made with crispy, juicy pieces of pork belly, rice, and vegetables. This easy recipe can be made with minimal ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. This is a great way to use up leftover rice and can be customized by adding different vegetables or proteins.
Ingredients You Need For Pork Belly Fried Rice
#Rice : Cooked white rice (preferably day-old or leftover)
#Pork belly: Pork belly, cut into small pieces
#Vegetable: Frozen vegetables (peas and beans) or any vegetables of your choice.
#Garlic, Onion and cilantro
#Sauce: Dark soy sauce
#Oil: Any vegetable oil (optional). For this recipe, I’m using pork belly fat oil, but if you’d prefer, you can substitute it with any other oil of your choice.
#Seasoning: Salt and pepper to taste
#1. Heat the large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork belly pieces and cook until browned and crispy. Remove the pork belly from the skillet and set it aside in a bowl. Remove the fat and set it aside.
Note: Pork belly releases a significant amount of fat while cooking, so there’s no need to use additional oil when frying it. You can use that same fat for the rest of your cooking! If not, you can use any vegetable oil.
#2. In the same skillet, add the oil or pork belly fat. Add chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly brown.
#3. Add the chopped onion and cook until it’s translucent.
#4. Then add frozen vegetables to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes.
#5. Add the cooked rice and cook until heated through and everything is well combined.
#6. Add soy sauce to the rice and mix everything together. Let it cook for the next 2-3 minutes.
#7. Then add cooked pork belly. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
#8. Season with salt to taste. Finally, garnish with cilantro or spring onion.
Serving & Storage
- To complement your pork belly fried rice, consider serving it with a side of kimchi or a fried egg. You could also add a refreshing salad, such as potato salad or cucumber salad. These sides add extra flavor and texture to the meal, making it even more satisfying and enjoyable.
- If any leftovers, you can store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, microwave or heat on the stovetop until hot.
Tips & Variations For Pork Belly Fried Rice
- Leftover rice is ideal for this recipe because it is drier and easier to separate. If you don’t have any leftover rice, simply cook some rice and let it cool down before using it in the recipe.
- You can use any vegetables in this recipe. Carrots, corn, and bell peppers are all great additions.
- Add some chopped chili pepper or chili flakes to the skillet and the garlic to make it spicy.
Here are some other recipes you can try to pair with fried rice.
If you make this easy pork belly fried rice, please feel free to share your experience with me by commenting below. I’m excited to hear about how it turned out for you!
Easy Pork Belly Fried Rice (Comforting and Flavorful Meal)
- 3 cups left over rice
- 0.3 lb pork belly cut into small pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup frozen vegetables
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp any vegetable oil or pork belly fat oil
- Heat the large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork belly pieces and cook until browned and crispy. Remove the pork belly from the skillet and set it aside in a bowl. Remove the fat and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the oil or pork belly fat. Add chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly brown.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until it's translucent.
- Then add frozen vegetables to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the leftover rice and cook until heated through and everything is well combined.
- Add soy sauce to the rice and mix everything together. Let it cook for the next 2-3 minutes.
- Then add cooked pork belly. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.Finally, garnish with cilantro or spring onion.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!