Looking for peanut salad? You must try this Nepali peanut sadeko recipe; crunchy, spicy, and flavorful with a mix of spices and roasted peanuts.
Peanut salad is a popular snack in Nepal. It’s called badam Sadeko in Nepali. It is perfect for any occasion and ideal for parties. Made of ground peanuts with some spices, it tastes great on its own or with any drink of your choice. It is easy to make, tastes delicious, and is one of my favorite appetizers. So, if you are looking for a simple, easy, and tasty snack, then you must try this recipe. Here is my Nepali peanut sadeko recipe.
Ingredients For Badam Sadeko
- Roasted Peanuts
- Red Onion
- Any vegetable oil of your choice
- Turmeric powder
- Kasmiri Chili powder
- Sichuan Chili powder ( or Green chili)
- Salt (As per taste)
Step-By-Step Photo Instructions
#1 First, add one cup of roasted peanuts to the bowl. Next, add 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, one teaspoon of garlic paste, and chopped cilantro to the bowl.
Tips: Cut the tomatoes and onion into small pieces.
#2 Add all seasoning; 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or green chili, salt to taste, and one teaspoon of lemon juice to the bowl.
#3 Heat the one teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Once hot, add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder to the pan, cook for a minute, and then pour it into your bowl. Combine all ingredients well.
Peanut sadeko is ready to serve! Enjoy it as an appetizer or as side dish!
Tips: Ensure that peanuts are eaten as soon as they are combined otherwise, if kept long, they will lose their crispiness and will become mushy.
Did you try nepali peanut sadeko recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! I would love to hear from you.
Check Out Other Nepalese Recipes
Nepali Peanut Sadeko Recipe | Spicy Peanut Salad
- 1 cup Roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Oil (Any vegetable oil of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder or green chili
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Add one cup of roasted peanuts, 1/4 chopped onion, 1/2 chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, one teaspoon of garlic paste to the bowl.
- Add all seasoning; 1/2 teaspoon of Kashmiri powder, 1/2 tsp of chili powder or green chili, salt to taste, and one teaspoon of lemon juice to the bowl.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil to the pan, Once hot, add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder. Let it cook for a min. Then add oil to the bowl. Combine all ingredients well. Spicy peanut salad is ready! You can serve it as an appetizer or as a side dish.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!