If you love omelette, then you must try Nepali omelette. It is flavorful, delicious, and easy to cook at home, made with masala and other spices. This dish is suitable for any time of day for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I usually eat it with rice and dal (lentil soup), but you can also eat it by itself. Regardless of how you eat it, it tastes delicious and fills you up. Here is a quick and easy Nepali omelette recipe.
Ingredients You Need:
- Green chili
- Any vegetable oil of your choice
- Black pepper powder
- Sichuan pepper (optional): It adds more flavor and spice to the omelette. If you prefer spicy, you can add this or add more green chilies.
- Red powder (Kashmiri powder)
- Cumin powder
- Turmeric powder
Step-By-Step Instructions Photos To Make Nepali Omelette
#1 Break two eggs.
#2 Chop tomato, onion, green chili, and cilantro into tiny bits. Then add into the bowl. Add all seasoning to the bowl, and whisk everything well.
#3 Heat the oil on medium heat. Once hot, add egg evenly to the pan. Cook it for 2-3 mins, on low-medium heat, until you see the edges crispy. Flip the egg into the other side and cook for two minutes. Once cooked, serve with rice or bread as an egg sandwich or on it’s own.
TIPS- If you like the egg well done and a bit crispy, cook a bit longer on a low heat. Make sure not to burn the egg. Keep it on low heat to prevent it from burning or browning.
Please let me know your thoughts if you try the Nepali omelette recipe and what you think!
I would love to hear from you!
Other Nepali Appetizer You Might Like
- Spicy Potato Salad
- Spicy Cucumber Salad
- Chicken Momo
- Homemade Kimchi With 7 Ingredients
- Chicken Choila Recipe
- Wai Wai Noodles Fry
Nepali Omelette Recipe (Masala Omelette)
- Frying pan, (Non-sticky pan)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Oil (Any vegetable oil of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp Chopped tomatoes
- 2 small Green chili
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red chili powder (Kashmiri)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Sichuan red pepper powder (optional)
- Chop all vegetables into small pieces. Break two eggs. Add tomato, cilantro, onion, and all seasoning to the bowl. Whisk everything well.
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, evenly add the egg. You'll need to cook it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium heat until the edges get crispy. After two minutes, flip the egg and cook the other side.
- After two minutes, flip the egg and cook the other side for a min.
- The spicy omelette is ready. Serve it with bread and rice, or eat it on its own.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!