If you are looking for a dry chicken curry recipe without onion or tomato, you should try this Nepali fried chicken. It can be eaten as an appetizer or as a main meal. Usually, it goes well with rice and daal.
Nepali fried chicken or dry chicken curry is easy to prepare, delicious, and one of my favorite recipes to cook once a week. Here is a step-by-step photo instruction to make Nepali fried chicken.
Ingredients For Nepali Fried Chicken (Dry Chicken Curry )
- Any vegetable oil of your choice.
- Chicken thighs since they don’t get dried out during cooking.
- Meat masala powder
- Cumin seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Red Kashmiri chili powder
- Chili powder or green chili (optional)
- Ginger and garlic paste
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
#1 Heat the pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil. As soon as the oil is hot, add the chicken. Continue to stir fry chicken for 10 minutes.
#2 Once the chicken is golden brown, add all seasoning; turmeric powder, salt, masala powder, ginger & garlic paste, and red chili Kashmiri powder to the pot. Combine all ingredients well and cook it for the next 3-5 mins on medium heat.
#3 Finally, add cilantro. Mix it well and serve it with rice or eat it by itself.
Let me know your thoughts on Nepali fried chicken recipe by commenting down below.
Here Are Some Other Nepali Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Nepali Chicken Curry
- Nepali Chicken Momo
- Nepali Chicken Chowmein
- Nepali Chicken Chili Recipe
- Nepali Chicken Choila
- Homemade Kimchi With 7 Ingredients
Dry Chicken Curry Recipe | Nepali Fried Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken thigh
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oil (Vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp Ginger & garlic paste
- 1/4 cup Cliantro
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Meat masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili Kashmiri powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sichuan red chili powder or green chili (optional)
- Heat oil in the pan. Add cumin seeds and cook for a minute. Once the cumin seeds change color, add chicken. Stir fry the chicken for another 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat until it turns golden brown.
- Add all seasoning to the pan; turmeric powder, meat masala powder, garlic, ginger paste, salt to taste, and Sichuan red chili pepper. Combine it well and well and cook it for 5mins.
- Finally, add cilantro to the pan. Combine it well. You can serve it with rice or eat it on its own.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!