Nepali Cucumber Achar Recipe is a must-try Nepali recipe that combines cucumber with sesame seeds and other seasonings. It’s a great choice if you’re looking to create a new cucumber salad recipe!
Nepali cucumber achar is a spicy Nepali cucumber salad, a popular side dish in Nepal we usually eat with a meal. We called it “kakro achar” in Nepal. This dish is simple, easy to make, and flavorful. Here is a quick & easy Nepali cucumber achar recipe.
Ingredients For Nepali Cucumber Achar Recipe
- Any vegetable oil of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Black sesame powder: Sesame seeds should be roasted and finely blended.
- Fenugreek seeds
- Lemon juice
- Turmeric powder
- Curry powder
- Sichuan chili flakes or green chili (Optional)
Step-By-Step Photo Instructions
#1 Chop cucumber into small pieces. Add salt and let it sit for 15-20 mins to release some water. Throw the excess water from the cucumber and then add cilantro, sesame seeds, lemon, salt, and Sichuan chili flakes to the cucumber.
#2 Heat oil in the pan. Add fenugreek seed. Once the fenugreek color change to brown, add turmeric powder, Kashmiri powder, and curry powder to the pan. Let it cook for a min.
#3 After that, add oil to the cucumber. Combine everything well. Cucumber Achar is ready. Either serve it as a side dish with the main course or eat it alone.
Have you tried the Nepali cucumber achar recipe yet? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Check Out These Other Nepalese Recipes
- Spicy Potato Salad (Alo Sadeko Recipe)
- Spicy Peanuts Salad (Badam Sadeko Recipe)
- Chicken Momo Recipe
Nepali Cucumber (Kakro) Achar Recipe
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Pan
- 1 Spoon
- 2 cup Chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1 tsp Oil (Any vegetable oil of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili Kashmiri powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sichuan pepper (timmur ko chhop)
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seed
- 2 tbsp Black sesame powder (Roasted & powdered)
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon
- Transfer chopped cucumber to the bowl. Add salt and let it sit for 10 mins. Remove all the excess water and let it sit aside. Add sesame powder, lemon, cilantro, salt, and sichuan red chili pepper to the bowl.
- Heat oil in the pan. Once hot, add fenugreek seeds. Add all seasoning, turmeric powder, curry powder, and red chili Kashmiri powder to the pan. Let it cook for a min.
- Pour oil into the bowl. Combine everything well.
- The cucumber achar is ready. You can serve it with rice or eat it on its own.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!