This fried recipe is for you if you want a bowl of easy egg fried rice without soy sauce! It is simple to cook yet delicious.
I absolutely love rice. I still remember there were days when I used to eat it three times a day while growing up. Even living abroad hasn’t changed my mind – I still love and eat rice daily, and whenever I have leftover rice, I always make fried rice with whatever ingredients are available. I prefer to make it without soy sauce, which still tastes great! A great thing about this dish is that you can easily customize it based on your preferences. Here is delicious and easy egg fried rice without soy sauce.
Ingredients You Need For Egg Fried Rice Without Soy Sauce
- Leftover rice or cold rice. If you don’t have leftovers, cook a fresh batch of rice. Let it cool down before cooking. I usually use long-grain rice.
- Frozen vegetables (Corn, carrots, and green beans)
- Cilantro. ( Feel free to add any vegetable of your choice)
- Green chili (optional)
- Turmeric powder: Turmeric not only adds color and flavor to your fried rice but also has potential health benefits. Turmeric is a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Red chili Kashmiri powder
- Olive oil or any vegetable oil of your choice
- Black pepper
Step-By-Step Photo Instructions
#1 Whisk two eggs in a bowl.
#2 Heat pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add half a tablespoon of oil. Let it heat for a min, and then add garlic and green chili. Saute it for a min until the color changes to brown.
#3 Add finely chopped onion to the pan. Cook it until the onion softens. Then add all frozen vegetables. Combine everything well and stir fry it for 2-3 mins on medium-high heat.
#4 After that, add eggs. Let it cook for a min, then combine egg and vegetables well.
#5 Add seasoning, black pepper, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste. Let it cook for 2 mins on medium heat.
#6 Add rice to the pan. Combine everything well and cook it for 2-3 mins. Let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat if you want a crisper.
Finally, add cilantro to the rice, and fried rice is ready to serve!
What To Serve With Fried Rice?
Egg-fried rice tastes good on its own. Many people enjoy it as a standalone dish. However, it can also be paired with meat curries, fried chicken, or salads. I would love to eat fried rice with chicken or homemade kimchi. Try our chicken chili recipe, potato salad, or anchovy curry with egg-fried rice. You can also try it with our Nepali tomato achar if you wish to try it with a sauce.
Please let me know your thoughts on this recipe if you make it. I would love to hear your feedback.
Nepali Recipes You Might Like:
Egg Fried Rice Without Soy Sauce | Yellow Egg Fried Rice
- Non-sticky pain
- 2 cup Rice Leftover rice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Oil (Any vegetable oil of your choice)
- 1/3 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup Frozen vegetables – Sweetcorn, Beans, Carrot
- 1 Green chili (Optional- As per taste)
- 2 tbsp Chopped cilantro
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili powder (Kashmiri)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- In a bowl, crack two eggs and whisk them together.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add half a tablespoon of oil. Let it heat for a min, then add garlic and green chili. Saute it for a min until the color changes to brown.
- Then add the finely chopped onion to the pan. Cook until the onion softens. Then add all the frozen vegetables. Combine everything well and stir-fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat.
- After that, add eggs. Let it cook for a min, then combine egg and vegetables well.
- Add seasoning, black pepper, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste. Let it cook for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add rice to the pan. Combine everything well, so the seasoning is evenly combined with the rice. Saute it for 2-3 mins. Let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat if you want a crisper.Finally, add cilantro and serve with your favorite side dish.
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!