This Aloo Fry or aloo bhujia recipe is a perfect dish to make when you are short on time but still want to enjoy a delicious meal.
Aloo bhujia is a simple and quick recipe that can be made in various ways. It can also be served as a side dish or a main course.
One of the main reasons is that it is easy to cook and tastes delicious with rice.
All you need is minimal ingredients that you already have in a kitchen.
After all, it is simple, easy, and quick – a great dish to serve with rice or roti.
Here is a simple and easy step-by-step instruction on how to make aloo fry or aloo bhujia:
Here are the key ingredients you’ll need to make a tasty aloo fry or aloo bhujia recipe:
Potatoes: Potato is the main ingredient in this recipe. You’ll need around 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut the potatoes into thin, elongated slices, similar to how you would slice a carrot for sticks/coins. I am using red potatoes but feel free to use any favorite of your choice.
Spices: The most commonly used spices in this recipe are cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chili powder (Kashmiri powder).
Cooking Oil: Any vegetable oil. I am using olive oil for this recipe.
Seasoning: Salt, ginger, and garlic paste.
Instructions To Make Aloo Bhujia Recipe
#1. Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add the chopped potatoes to the pan and fry them on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
#2. Next, add turmeric, coriander, cumin, red chili powder, and ginger garlic paste to the pan. Mix well so that the spices are well coated on the potatoes.
#3. Continue to cook on low flame, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes turn crispy and golden brown. Finally, add salt, and aloo fry is ready to serve.
Here are some serving suggestions for the aloo bhujia recipe:
Aloo fry can also be served with roti or chapati. You can also add yogurt and a simple veg salad.
As a Snack
Here are a few popular variations:
Adding herbs is a great way to make Aloo fry more flavorful. Here are some popular herbs to add include:
- Cilantro adds such a nice, fresh flavor to any dish. You can sprinkle a handful on top at the end.
- Mint is another great herb you can use. Its cool, refreshing flavor is a nice complement.
- Spring onion: You can also add spring onion.
Spice Level Adjustments
Aloo fry can be made as mild or as spicy as desired. Here are a few ways to adjust the spice level:
- Red chili powder: Adjust the red chili powder. I am using Kashmiri chili powder, which is milder in terms of spiciness. If you prefer a spicier taste, you can add red chili powder, which has a high level of spiciness.
- Green chilies: Add green chilies to adjust the heat level.
- Garam masala: You can also add a pinch of garam masala to the dish to add warmth and depth of flavor.
The best way to store Aloo Fry is to place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for 4-5 days.
Here are some frequently asked questions about aloo fry recipes that can help you make the perfect dish.
How to make Aloo fry crispy?
To make Aloo fry crispy, it is essential to follow a few tips:
– Use a non-stick pan or a cast-iron skillet to fry the potatoes.
– Make sure to dry the potatoes entirely after washing them.
– Use enough oil to fry the potatoes.
– Cook the potatoes on medium heat until they turn golden brown and crispy.
Can Aloo fry be made without onions?
Yes, aloo fry can be made without onions. Just skip the step that involves adding onions to the pan. You can still add other spices and herbs to add flavor to the dish.
What are the different ways to serve aloo fry?
Aloo fry can be served as a side dish with rice, roti, or naan. It can also be used as a filling for sandwiches, wraps, and rolls.
- 2 medium sized potato (2 cups of thinly cut potaotes)
- ¼ tsp Ground cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground coriander
- ¼ tsp Ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp red chili kashmiri powder
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.1 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil
- Add chopped potatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes.2 medium sized potato (2 cups of thinly cut potaotes)
- Next add turmeric, coriander, cumin, red chili powder and ginger garlci paste. Mix well to coat potatoes.¼ tsp Ground cumin, ¼ tsp Ground coriander, ¼ tsp Ground turmeric, ¼ tsp red chili kashmiri powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Continue cooking on low heat stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.
- Add salt.salt (to taste)
- Finally, remove it from the heat and aloo Bhujia is ready to serve!
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. If you liked it, remember to rate the recipe. Your feedback helps other readers decide if they want to make this recipe. Thank you!